How to change Default Gmail Account: Almost every person with a smartphone uses an email account. Nowadays, it works as an online identity. Like we need an ID card to show our identity in school or offices. Same way, we need an email account to show our existence in the modern Internet world. With that, people have also started using multiple Gmail accounts in a single device. The reasons are many, maybe your brother or any family member uses the same computer for their work. Or you own yourself many Gmail accounts for different purposes.
It is a wonderful feature that is offered by Google which allows multiple persons to access their Gmail accounts on the same device. It saves a lot of time because you won’t have to type the email address, again and again, to sign in. One just needs to enter the password to access their Gmail account.
Here comes a big problem, the browser sets a default Gmail account which was signed in for the very first time. Now if you want to know how to change default Gmail account, then this article is just for you. I’ll be telling you the step by step process to change the default Gmail to your desired one. All you need to do is, read this article till the end. Also, check out my article on how to Run iOS Apps on Android. So let’s get started.
How to change Default Gmail Account in any Device
The method which I’m going to tell you can be used in any Device. It doesn’t matter whether you want to know how to change default Gmail account in a computer or in a smartphone. You can do this task on any of your devices. All the steps are going to be the same.
Just to make this tutorial, I’ve signed into my most used Gmail accounts as you can see in the pictures. So here, as you can see my default Gmail account. I am going to shift the default mark on the other one. Just follow these simple steps, to get to know how to change default Gmail account.
Step by Step Tutorial to change Default Gmail Account
1. Firstly, open your Gmail Account on your web browser. To do that, just click here – Gmail. You can open any of your Gmail accounts, your default one or the other one.
2. Then you have to click on your user icon appearing on the top right corner of the web page. This will let you know how many accounts are currently signed in your device. Also, it’ll tell you that which one is set to default.
3. Next, you have to sign out all of your Gmail accounts. Just click on the sign out button which is appearing on your screen. This is the most important part of the tutorial on how to change default Gmail account. So make sure to click on Sign Out button, it will redirect you to another page.
4. By clicking on the Sign Out button, Google will redirect you to another page to ask you which account you want to Sign in. You’ll see all of your Gmail Accounts on that page, make sure to click on that Gmail address which you want to set for default.
5. Just after clicking on your desired Gmail Address, obviously, it will ask you to enter the correct password. Just fill your correct password and then hit the Next Button.
6. You’re all done! This will Log in your selected Gmail Account and also it’ll be set to default.
Now you’ve successfully changed your default email account. All of your Google products like YouTube, Google Drive, Gmail, etc. will be signed in using this default Gmail account. You can even check that which account is defaulted by clicking on the top right icon. But to access your all other Gmail accounts, you need to Sign in that account again. Also if in future, you wish to change default Gmail account. You can just follow the same steps again.
That’s all for this article on “How to change Default Gmail Account”. If you enjoyed reading this article or if I made you happy by helping you with this tutorial, please let me know by leaving a sweet comment below. For more amazing Tech Tutorials, and updates. Please subscribe to our newsletter or Tap the notification icon on the bottom right corner of the screen.